Cleaning and disinfecting high-touch surfaces, such as your payment terminal, is extremely important during these times. For your safety as well as those around you, we would like to share guidelines on how best to clean your terminal.
Guidelines for the correct cleaning of payment terminals are as follows:
- Turn off and unplug the terminal from power.
- Use a soft cloth very slightly dampened with soapy water to clean the outside of the terminal.
- It is recommended to use a cloth that has been pre-dampened for a better control of the quantity of liquid applied on the device. An excessive application of liquid may possibly generate some functional problems.
- Hydroalcoholic Solution can only be used when on a pre-dampened cloth. Some hydroalcoholic solution may include isopropyl alcohol. It can be used on every part of the device if isopropyl alcohol concentration is below 20%.
- Do not clean the electrical connections.
- Do not spray, pour or coat any liquid, disinfectant or cleaners directly on the payment terminal.
- Do not use solvents, detergents or abrasive products as they may damage the plastic or electrical contacts.
- Alcohol cleaning solutions (isopropyl solution 70%) cannot be used on the plastic display lenses.
- Avoid excessive wiping, which might cause damage.
- Do not get moisture into any openings nor use aerosol sprays.
- Avoid exposing the terminal to the direct rays of the sun.
- Do not put anything into the slot of the smart card reader.
Additional Tips To Protect Your Device and Prevent The Spread of Germs:
- Wrap the terminal in cling film, wipe with disinfectant each time it is handled by a customer and change the cover a few times a day.
- Provide hand sanitizing options for customers in-store.
- Make use of Contactless payments where possible.
- If inserting a card is required, allow customers to insert their own card.
- Ensure staff follow a hand-cleaning routine to kill germs.
Please note: While cleaning as per the instructions above has no impact on the performance or functions of the terminal, a very frequent cleaning may modify the cosmetic aspect of some plastic parts used in the devices; such cosmetic wear is not covered by the standard warranty conditions.